The archetypal, iconic handmade English bat, refined and improved every season since its launch over a decade ago, but still founded on the same basic principles: indulgently large profile, pitch perfect balance and stunning performance. The work of fastidious Salix hand making and individual treatment at every stage from cleft to bat. Traditional faced yet still bowed with a long, deep, mid driving area and amplified edges, the Pod is full backed giving both depth and mass through the bat’s core. The result is the greatest and most rewarding playing surface, with lightest pick up and superb manoeuvrability. Every angle is precisely shaped and smoothed through our unique sanding so the bat undulates in form - more sculpture than carpentry. The Pod is performance in its highest state.
traditionally rounder pressed face
- classical bowed pressing, rerunning through the driving area
- sculpted profile with minimal concave sanding for fullest back
- concentration of wood in middle and spline of bat
- greatest core strength, intense control
- substantial edges
- gentle, long bow
- mid driving area
- triangular, slightly duck-billed toe
- traditional oval handle
- new pared back labels in aquamarine ‘reeded’ copper and black
- highest level of English artisan batmaking: individually handmade by Salix
- CNC free manufacturing, individual in-house pressing and processing from cleft to bat
- for classical players, front & back foot
Specifications: Edge = 33mm, Spine = 61mm, Toe = 25mm
*Please Note - All Bat Grading is at the discretion of the Bat Maker
All Cricket Bat Photos are of the actual bat for sale unless otherwise stated.
If you have any questions about this or any other product please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.